Monday, July 16, 2012

Give me an iMac

Working in many environments I get exposed to many methods of working.  Given a working environment, usually a Windows 7 PC connected to some kind of hosting infrastructure backend and public site hosting these days seems to be a "standard".

Or being given an iMac with some kind of hosting backend.  Vastly better!

Both require the same working infrastructure of virtual hosts: Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP (LAMP).  It does not matter what environment I am given, I tend to do the same thing these days: create a virtual machine environment and setup the latest version of Ubuntu Linux.

But for productivity, for comfort and general ease of use, give me an iMac!  I have had it with Windows.  I have had it with Flash crashes.  I have moved from the dark side to the other dark side.

My next computer will be an iMac as it does everything that I normally do, but it does it better.  And the huge 27inch screen is a pleasure to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment